Lemon and Coconut Muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of Vaalia Low Fat Lemon Crème Yoghurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut shavings
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan-forced and line a muffin tray with muffin case, then lightly spray with non-stick oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, half the coconut shavings, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg, Vaalia Low Fat Lemon Crème Yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice until combined.
- Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin cases, place into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until you can poke a skewer into the muffin and it just comes out dry. Be careful not to overcook, otherwise they will be very dry.
- To make the topping, heat the sugar and remaining lemon juice in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook through until the sugar dissolves. Add in the remaining coconut flakes, stir through then remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture over the muffins evenly. Serve.